- Any point that represents the beginning of a transition from one place or phase to another.
- An entrance capable of being blocked by use of a gate.
- (digital communications) In wireless internet, an access point with additional software capabilities such as providing NAT and DHCP, which may also provide VPN support, roaming, firewalls, various levels of security, etc.
- A point at which freight moving from one territory to another is interchanged between transportation lines.
- (transitive, digital communications) To make available via a gateway, or access point.