- (bookbinding) A section, a group of bifolios, or sheets of paper, stacked together and folded in half.
"This gathering machine forms the backbone of a bookbinding operation."
- A group of people or things.
"A gathering of fruit."
- A tumor or boil suppurated or maturated; an abscess.
- A meeting or get-together; a party or social function.
"I met her at a gathering of engineers and scientists."
- A charitable contribution; a collection.
- present participle of gather
"She enjoyed gathering wildflowers."