- (mostly British (Scouse)) great or fantastic
- (obsolete) Goods; property; household items.
- (countable) A configuration of the transmission of a motor car so as to achieve a particular ratio of engine to axle torque
- (obsolete) Business matters; affairs; concern.
- Clothing; garments.
- (countable) a particular combination or choice of interlocking gears, such that a particular gear ratio is achieved.
- (uncountable, archaic) stuff.
- (uncountable) equipment or paraphernalia, especially that used for an athletic endeavor.
- (countable) a wheel with grooves (teeth) engraved on the outer circumference, such that two such devices can interlock and convey motion from one to the other.
- (slang) recreational drugs
- (obsolete, Britain, dialect) Anything worthless; nonsense; rubbish.
- (engineering, intransitive) To be in, or come into, gear.
- (engineering, transitive) To provide with gearing; to fit with gears in order to achieve a desired gear ratio.
- To dress; to put gear on; to harness.