- An addiction.
"He has a 10-cigar habit."
- A long piece of clothing worn by monks and nuns.
"It’s interesting how Catholic and Buddhist monks both wear habits."
- (botany, mineralogy) Form of growth or general appearance of a variety or species of plant or crystal.
- An action performed repeatedly and automatically, usually without awareness.
"By force of habit, he dressed for work even though it was holiday."
- (archaic) Outward appearance; attire; dress.
- An action done on a regular basis.
"It’s become a habit of mine to have a cup of coffee after dinner."
- A piece of clothing worn uniformly for a specific activity.
"The new riding habits of the team looked smashing!"
- (archaic) To inhabit.
- To clothe.