- (Ultimate Frisbee) A frisbee throwing style in which the disc is held upside-down with a forehand grip and thrown above the head.
- (anatomy) The malleus, a small bone of the middle ear.
- (curling) The last rock in an end.
- One who, or that which, smites or shatters.
"St. Augustine was the hammer of heresies."
- A moving part of a firearm that strikes the firing pin to discharge a gun.
- (sports) A device made of a heavy steel ball attached to a length of wire, and used for throwing.
- Part of a clock that strikes upon a bell to indicate the hour.
- A tool with a heavy head and a handle used for pounding.
- (music) In a piano or dulcimer, a piece of wood covered in felt that strikes the string.
- To strike repeatedly with a hammer, some other implement, the fist, etc.
- (sports) To hit particularly hard.
- (figuratively) To emphasize a point repeatedly.
- (figuratively, sports) To defeat (a person, a team) resoundingly
"We hammered them 5-0!"
- To form or forge with a hammer; to shape by beating.
- To strike internally, as if hit by a hammer.
"I could hear the engine’s valves hammering once the timing rod was thrown."