- (countable, soccer) The offence of touching the ball with the hands.
- (countable, Australian Rules Football) An act of passing a football by holding it with one hand and hitting it with the other.
- (countable) The small rubber ball used in the sport of handball.
- (countable, US) The small rubber ball used in this sport.
- (uncountable) A team sport where two teams of seven players each (six players and a goalkeeper) pass and bounce a ball trying to throw it in the goal of the opposing team.
- (uncountable, US, Ireland) A sport in which players alternately strike the ball against a wall with their hand. Irish and American variants have slightly different rules.
- To manually load or unload a container, trailer, or to otherwise manually move bulk goods (often on pallets) from one type of transport receptacleto another.
- (sexuality, slang) To insert a hand into someone's anus.
- (Australian Rules Football) To (legally) pass a football by holding it with one hand and hitting it with the other.
- (soccer) To illegally touch the ball with the hand or arm.
"If the defender handballs in the penalty area, a penalty is awarded."