- (of a man) Visually attractive; pleasant looking.
"a handsome man; a handsome garment, house, tree, horse."
- Generous or noble in character
"Handsome is as handsome does."
- (obsolete, said of things and people) Dexterous; skillful
- Suitable or fit in action; marked with propriety and ease; graceful; becoming; appropriate.
"a handsome style, etc."
- Having a good appearance
- (of a woman) Striking, impressive and elegantly proportioned, though not typically beautiful.
- Ample; moderately large.
"a handsome salary"
- (transitive, obsolete) To render handsome.