- A coil or loop of something, especially twine, yarn, or rope
- (Ulster) mess, tangle
- (wrestling) A throw in which a wrestler turns his left side to his opponent, twines his left leg about his opponent's right leg from the inside, and throws him backward.
- (Ulster) doubt, difficulty
- (obsolete) hold; influence
- (nautical) A ring or shackle that secures a staysail to its stay and allows the sail to glide smoothly up and down.
- A rope or withe for fastening a gate.
- (transitive, Britain, dialect) To fasten with a rope, as a gate.
- (transitive) To form into hanks.