- (countable) A restraint or support, especially one consisting of a loop or network of rope or straps.
- The part of a loom comprising the heddles, with their means of support and motion, by which the threads of the warp are alternately raised and depressed for the passage of the shuttle.
- (dated) The complete dress, especially in a military sense, of a man or a horse; armour in general.
- (countable) A collection of wires or cables bundled and routed according to their function.
- (transitive) To capture, control or put to use.
"Imagine what might happen if it were possible to harness solar energy fully."
- (transitive) To place a harness on something; to tie up or restrain.
"They harnessed the horse to the post."