- (Scotland) A grain sieve.
- (colloquial) A harmonica.
- A musical instrument consisting of a body and a curved neck, strung with strings of varying length that are stroked or plucked with the fingers, and are vertical to the soundboard when viewed from the end of the body; any instrument of the same musicological type.
- (transitive) To play (a tune) on the harp.
- (transitive) To play on (a harp or similar instrument)
- (usually with on) To repeatedly mention a subject.
"Why do you harp on a single small mistake? (US)Why do you harp on about a single small mistake? (UK)"
- (transitive) To develop or give expression to by skill and art; to sound forth as from a harp; to hit upon.
"Thou harped my fear aright. — Shakespeare."