- The season of gathering ripened crops; specifically, the time of reaping and gathering grain.
- (by extension) The product or result of any exertion or labor; gain; reward.
- (Britain dialectal) The third season of the year; autumn; fall.
- The yield of harvesting, i.e. the gathered crops or fruits.
"This year's cotton harvest was great but the corn harvest was disastrous."
- The process of harvesting, gathering the ripened crop.
- (paganism) A modern pagan ceremony held on or around the autumn equinox, which is in the harvesting season.
- (intransitive) To be occupied bringing in a harvest
"Harvesting is a stressing, thirsty occupation"
- (transitive) To bring in a harvest; reap; glean.
- (transitive) To win, achieve a gain.
"The rising star harvested well-deserved acclaim, even an Oscar under 21"