- (figuratively) A particular role or capacity that a person might fill.
- (video games) A hat switch.
- A covering for the head, often in the approximate form of a cone or a cylinder closed at its top end, and sometimes having a brim and other decoration.
- (figuratively, by extension) The lottery or draw itself.
"We're both in the hat: let's hope we come up against each other."
- (figuratively) Any receptacle from which numbers/names are pulled out in a lottery.
- (typography, nonstandard, rare) = háček