- (obsolete) enlightened
- Someone thought to have an unusual degree of enlightenment.
- (transitive) To decorate the page of a manuscript book with ornamental designs.
- (intransitive) To be exposed to light.
- (transitive) To clarify or make something understandable.
- (intransitive) To glow; to light up.
- (transitive) To decorate something with lights.
- (transitive, figuratively) To make spectacular.
- (transitive, military) To direct a radar beam toward.
- (transitive) To shine light on something.