- (usually with "from") Exempt; not subject to.
"As a diplomat, you are immune from prosecution."
- (medicine) Of or pertaining to the immune system.
"We examined the patient's immune response."
- (by extension) Not vulnerable.
"Alas, he was immune to my charms."
- (medicine, usually with "to") Protected by inoculation, or due to innate resistance to pathogens.
"I am immune to chicken pox."
- (epidemiology) A person who is not susceptible to infection by a particular disease
- (rare, transitive) To make immune.