- The projecting arm of a crane
- One who jibs or balks, refusing to continue forward.
- (nautical) Usually with a modifier, any of a variety of specialty triangular staysails set forward of the foremast.
- An object that is used for performing tricks while skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, inline skating, or biking. These objects are usually found in a terrain park or skate park.
- (nautical) A triangular staysail set forward of the foremast. In a sloop (see image) the basic jib reaches back roughly to the level of the mast.
- (metonymically) A crane used for mounting and moving a video camera
- A stationary condition; a standstill.
- (chiefly nautical) To shift, or swing round, as a sail, boom, yard, etc., as in tacking.
- (figuratively) To stop doing something, to become reluctant to proceed with an activity.
- Of a horse, to stop and refuse to go forward.