- An unlicensed taxi cab.
- (in attributive use, US, archaic) Very inexpensive.
- A small bus or minibus which typically operates service on a fixed route, sometimes scheduled.
- (US, archaic) A small coin, a nickel.
- A fraudulent arrangement whereby a broker who has direct access to an exchange executes trades on behalf of a broker who doesn't.
- A shared-ride taxi.
- (Canada) An informal lawn bowling competition in which all players present are randomly drawn into teams. This usage may have some currency in the US due to exposure from Canadian players wintering in the southern US.