- A dance style popular in the 1940–50s.
- (US, colloquial) Nonsense; transparently deceptive talk.
"Don’t give me that jive. I know where you were last night."
- A slang associated with jazz musicians; hepcat patois or hipster jargon.
- Swing, a style of jazz music.
- (US) Alternative spelling of jibe
- (intransitive, colloquial) To dance.
"You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life; ooh, see that girl, watch that scene, diggin' the dancing queen! (ABBA, "Dancing Queen")"
- (transitive, intransitive, US, colloquial) To deceive; to be deceptive.
"Don’t try to jive me! I know where you were last night!"