- A feeling of extreme happiness or cheerfulness, especially related to the acquisition or expectation of something good. They will be a source of strength and joy in your life.
"a child's joy on Christmas morning"
- (obsolete) The sign or exhibition of joy; gaiety; merriment; festivity.
- Luck or success; a positive outcome.
- Anything that causes such a feeling.
"the joys and demands of parenthood"
- (transitive, obsolete) To give joy to; to congratulate.
- (transitive, archaic) To enjoy.
- (intransitive) To feel joy, to rejoice.
- (transitive, obsolete) To gladden; to make joyful; to exhilarate.