- (New Zealand) A kettle.
- A serving vessel or container, circular in cross-section and typically higher than it is wide, with a relatively small mouth or spout, a handle and often a stopper or top.
- (vulgar, slang, chiefly in the plural) A woman's breasts.
- (slang) Jail.
- The amount that a jug can hold.
- (intransitive) To utter a sound like "jug", as certain birds do, especially the nightingale.
- (transitive, slang) To put into jail.
- (transitive) To stew in an earthenware jug etc.
- (intransitive, of quails or partridges) To nestle or collect together in a covey.