- A person charged with guarding or caring for, storing, or maintaining something; a custodian, a guard; sometimes a gamekeeper.
- (American football) An offensive play in which the quarterback runs toward the goal with the ball after it is snapped.
- (slang) A person or thing worth keeping.
"You can throw out all the blurry photos, but the one with her and her daughter is certainly a keeper."
- A part of a mechanism that catches or retains another part, for example the part of a door lock that fits in the frame and receives the bolt.
- A fruit that keeps well.
- One who keeps something.
"Finders keepers; losers weepers."
- (sports) The player charged with guarding a goal or wicket. Short form of goalkeeper, wicketkeeper.
- One who remains or keeps in a place or position.