- (countable, bowling) The board separating one bowling lane from another at the pit end
- (countable) A clandestine payment in return for a favor; especially an illegal one
- (oil industry) A dangerous buildup of gas pressure at the wellhead
- (pinball) A feature that saves the ball from draining and propels it back into play.
- (countable) A backward kick.
- (countable, machinery) An accident wherein an object being cut by a rotating blade or disk, such as a circular saw, is caught by the blade and thrown outward
- (uncountable, bridge) In contract bridge, an ace asking convention initiated by the first step above four of the agreed trump suit.
- (uncountable, firearms, machinery) Recoil; a sudden backward motion, usually in the direction of the operator.