- A powerful or influential person.
"Howard Stern styled himself as the "king of all media"."
- The principal chess piece, that players seek to threaten with unavoidable capture to result in a victory by checkmate. It is often the tallest piece, with a symbolic crown with a cross at the top.
- (Britain, slang) A king skin.
"Oi mate, have you got kings?"
- Alternative form of qing (Chinese musical instrument)
- A male monarch; a man who heads a monarchy. If it's an absolute monarchy, then he is the supreme ruler of his nation.
"Henry VIII was the king of England from 1509 to 1547."
- A component of certain games.
- A checker (a piece of checkers/draughts) that reached the farthest row forward, thus becoming crowned (either by turning it upside-down, or by stacking another checker on it) and gaining more freedom of movement.
- A king-sized bed.
- Something that has a preeminent position.
"In times of financial panic, cash is king."
- A playing card with the image of a king on it.
- A male dragonfly; a drake.
- To promote a piece of draughts/checkers that has traversed the board to the opposite side, that piece subsequently being permitted to move backwards as well as forwards.
- To crown king, to make (a person) king.
- To assume or pretend preeminence (over); to lord it over.
- To perform the duties of a king.
- To dress and perform as a drag king.
- To rule over as king.