- (mathematics) A positive 1-soliton solution to the Sine–Gordon equation
- A difficulty or flaw that is likely to impede operation, as in a plan or system.
"They had planned to open another shop downtown, but their plan had a few kinks."
- (Scotland, dialect) A fit of coughing or laughter.
- A tight curl, twist, or bend in a length of thin material, hair etc.
"We couldn't get enough water to put out the fire because of a kink in the hose."
- (slang, countable and uncountable) Peculiarity or deviation in sexual behaviour or taste.
- A convulsive fit of coughing or laughter; a sonorous indraft of breath; a whoop; a gasp of breath caused by laughing, coughing, or crying.
- An unreasonable notion; a crotchet; a whim; a caprice.
- To gasp for breath as in a severe fit of coughing.
- (intransitive) To be formed into a kink or twist.
- To laugh loudly.
- (transitive) To form a kink or twist.