- One of two or more pieces of bone or wood held loosely between the fingers, and struck together by moving the hand; a clapper.
- One who dismantles old ships, houses etc., and sells their components.
- One who makes knickknacks, toys, etc.
- One who slaughters and (especially) renders worn-out livestock (especially horses) and sells their flesh, bones and hides.
- (Ireland, offensive, slang) A person of lower social class; a chav, skanger or scobe.
- A harness maker.
- (Ireland, Britain, offensive) A member of the Travelling Community; a Gypsy.
- To tire out, become exhausted.
"Carrying that giant statue up those stairs knackered me out"