- Any blade-like part in a tool or a machine designed for cutting, such as the knives for a chipper.
- A weapon designed with the aforementioned specifications intended for slashing and/or stabbing and too short to be called a sword. A dagger.
- A utensil or a tool designed for cutting, consisting of a flat piece of hard material, usually steel or other metal (the blade), usually sharpened on one edge, attached to a handle. The blade may be pointed for piercing.
- (transitive) To betray, especially in the context of a political slate.
- (intransitive) To cut through as if with a knife.
- (transitive) To use a knife to injure or kill by stabbing, slashing, or otherwise using the sharp edge of the knife as a weapon.
- (transitive) To positively ignore, especially in order to denigrate. compare cut
- (transitive) To cut with a knife.