- (uncountable) A light fabric containing patterns of holes, usually built up from a single thread.W
- (slang, obsolete) Spirits added to coffee or another beverage.
- A snare or gin, especially one made of interwoven cords; a net.
- (countable) A cord or ribbon passed through eyelets in a shoe or garment, pulled tight and tied to fasten the shoe or garment firmly.W
- (transitive) To fasten (something) with laces.
- (transitive) To interweave the spokes of a bicycle wheel.
- (transitive) To interweave items.
"to lace one's fingers together"
- To adorn with narrow strips or braids of some decorative material.
- (transitive) To add alcohol, poison, a drug or anything else potentially harmful to (food or drink).
- To beat; to lash; to make stripes on.