- (uncountable) A regular pattern of oligonucleotide sizes on electrophoretic gels, resulting from the fragmentation of DNA strands during cell death.
- (uncountable) An investment strategy where the investment is spread over multiple bonds or term deposits with rolling maturity dates.
- (uncountable) An interview technique developed in the 1960s in which the interviewer systematically drills down for greater detail at each step.
- (uncountable) An irregular fracture pattern that arises from uneven drying.
- (agriculture, countable) A process of soil compaction that serves to break up clods and level a field.
"ploughings and ladderings"
- present participle of ladder