- (Britain, dialect, obsolete) The mouth of a river.
- (Scotland) Water pumped into and out of mills, especially woolen mills.
- (Britain, dialect, obsolete) A passage for water; a ditch or drain.
- To use a ladle or dipper to remove something (generally water).
"to lade water out of a tub, or into a cistern"
- To weigh down, oppress, or burden.
- (nautical) To admit water by leakage.
- To fill or load (related to cargo or a shipment).
- To transfer (molten glass) from the pot to the forming table, in making plate glass.