- A large, landlocked stretch of water.
- (dialectal) Play; sport; game; fun; glee.
- (obsolete) Fine linen.
- (now chiefly dialectal) A small stream of running water; a channel for water; a drain.
- (obsolete) An offering, sacrifice, gift.
- A large amount of liquid; as, a wine lake.
- In dyeing and painting, an often fugitive crimson or vermillion pigment derived from an organic colorant (cochineal or madder, for example) and an inorganic, generally metallic mordant.
- (obsolete) To play; to sport.
- (chiefly dialectal) To leap, jump, exert oneself, play.
- To make lake-red.
- (obsolete) To present an offering.