- Unable to walk properly because of a problem with one's feet or legs.
- (slang) Unconvincing or unbelievable.
"He had a really lame excuse for missing the birthday party."
- (by extension) Hobbling; limping; inefficient; imperfect.
- (slang) Strangely corny or sweet to an extent.
"I told him not to bring me flowers, so he brought a bunch of carrots instead. It was lame but it made me smile."
- Moving with pain or difficulty on account of injury, defect or temporary obstruction of a function.
"a lame leg, arm or muscle"
- (slang) Failing to be cool, funny, interesting or relevant.
"He kept telling these extremely lame jokes all night."
- (in the plural) A set of joined, overlapping metal plates.
- A lamina.
- (transitive) to cause a person or animal to become lame
- (obsolete) To shine.