- Of considerable or relatively great size or extent.
"Russia is a large country."
- (obsolete) Free; unencumbered.
- (archaic) Full in statement; diffuse; profuse.
- (nautical) Crossing the line of a ship's course in a favorable direction; said of the wind when it is abeam, or between the beam and the quarter.
- (obsolete) Abundant; ample.
- (obsolete) Unrestrained by decorum; said of language.
- (music, obsolete) An old musical note, equal to two longas, four breves, or eight semibreves.
- A large serving of something.
"One small coffee and two larges, please."
- (slang, plural: large) A thousand dollars.
"Getting a car tricked out like that will cost you 50 large."
- (obsolete) Liberality, generosity.