- A machine tool used to shape a piece of material, or workpiece, by rotating the workpiece against a cutting tool.
"He shaped the bedpost by turning it on a lathe."
- (obsolete) An administrative division of the county of Kent, in England, from the Anglo-Saxon period until it fell entirely out of use in the early twentieth century.
- (obsolete) A granary; a barn.
- The movable swing frame of a loom, carrying the reed for separating the warp threads and beating up the weft; a lay, or batten.
- To shape with a lathe.
- (transitive, Britain dialectal) To invite; bid; ask.
- (computer graphics) To produce a 3D model by rotating a set of points around a fixed axis.