- (photography) The extent to which a light-sensitive material can be over- or underexposed and still achieve an acceptable result.
- (geography, astronomy) The angular distance north or south from a planet's equator, measured along the meridian of that particular point.
- (astronomy) The angular distance of a heavenly body from the ecliptic.
- The relative freedom from restrictions; scope to do something.
"His parents gave him a great deal of latitude."
- Extent or scope; e.g. breadth, width or amplitude.
- (geography) An imaginary line (in fact a circle) around a planet running parallel to the planet's equator.