- (Britain) A fun person.
- Something that provokes mirth or scorn.
- An expression of mirth particular to the human species; the sound heard in laughing; laughter.
- (intransitive, followed by "at") To make an object of laughter or ridicule; to make fun of; to deride; to mock.
- (intransitive, obsolete, figuratively) To be or appear cheerful, pleasant, mirthful, lively, or brilliant; to sparkle; to sport.
- (transitive) To express by, or utter with, laughter.
- (intransitive) To show mirth, satisfaction, or derision, by peculiar movement of the muscles of the face, particularly of the mouth, causing a lighting up of the face and eyes, and usually accompanied by the emission of explosive or chuckling sounds from the chest and throat; to indulge in laughter.
- (transitive) To affect or influence by means of laughter or ridicule.