- The act of leaping or jumping.
- (mining) A fault.
- (obsolete) A basket.
- a trap or snare for fish
- (figuratively) A significant move forward.
- (music) A passing from one note to another by an interval, especially by a long one, or by one including several other intermediate intervals.
- The distance traversed by a leap or jump.
- Copulation with, or coverture of, a female beast.
- A weel or wicker trap for fish.
- half a bushel
- (transitive) To pass over by a leap or jump.
"to leap a wall or a ditch"
- (intransitive) To jump.
- (transitive) To cause to leap.
"to leap a horse across a ditch"
- (transitive) To copulate with (a female beast); to cover.