- (politics) pertaining to the political left; liberal, communistic.
- The opposite of right; toward the west when one is facing north.
"Turn left at the corner."
- On the left side.
- Towards the left side.
- (boxing) A punch delivered with the left fist.
- (politics) The ensemble of left-wing political parties. Those holding left-wing views as a group.
"The political left is not holding enough power."
- The left side or direction.
- (Ireland, colloquial) permitted, allowed to proceed.
"We were not left go to the beach after school except on a weekend."
"There are only three cups of juice left."
- simple past tense and past participle of leave.