- (geometry) A convex shape bounded by two circular arcs, joined at their endpoints, the corresponding concave shape being a lune.
- (by extension, figuratively) A way of looking, literally or figuratively, at something.
- A device which focuses or defocuses electron beams.
- (anatomy) The transparent crystalline structure in the eye.
- An object, usually made of glass, that focuses or defocuses the light that passes through it.
- (biology) A genus of the legume family; its bean.
- (transitive) To film, shoot.
- (geology) To become thinner towards the edges.