- (now rare) The act of managing or controlling something.
- (horseriding) Manège.
- (transitive) To handle with skill, wield (a tool, weapon etc.).
- To train (a horse) in the manege; to exercise in graceful or artful action.
- (transitive) To handle or control (a situation, job).
- (intransitive) To achieve without fuss, or without outside help.
- (obsolete) To bring about; to contrive.
- (transitive) To direct or be in charge of.
- (intransitive) To succeed at an attempt
"He managed to climb the tower."
- (obsolete) To treat with care; to husband.