- A movement, often one performed with difficulty.
"Parallel parking can be a difficult maneuver."
- An adroit or cunning action; a stratagem.
- (often in the plural) A large training field-exercise of military troops.
"Joint NATO maneuvers are as much an exercise in diplomacy as in tactics and logistics."
"The army was on maneuvers."
- (figuratively, intransitive) To intrigue, manipulate, plot, scheme
"The patriarch maneuvered till his offspring occupied countless key posts"
- (figuratively, transitive) To guide, steer, manage purposefully
- (transitive) To move (something) carefully, and often with difficulty, into a certain position.