- Certain degree or measure.
"It is in a manner done already."
- Corruption of mainor, in the phrase "with the manner" i.e. in the very act, red handed.
- Characteristic mode of acting, conducting, carrying one's self; bearing; habitual style.
"His natural manner makes him seem like the boss."
- The style of writing or thought of an author; characteristic peculiarity of an artist.
- Standards of conduct cultured and product of mind.
- Mode of action; way of performing or effecting anything; method; style; form; fashion.
- Carriage; behavior; deportment; also, becoming behavior; well-bred carriage and address.
- Sort; kind; style.
"All manner of persons participate."
- Customary method of acting; habit.
"These people have strange manners."