- A short period of sleep, especially one during the day
- A soft or fuzzy surface on fabric or leather.
- (uncountable, card games) A card game in which players take tricks; properly Napoleon
- (Britain) A type of bet in British horse racing, based on the experts' best tips
- A bid to take five tricks in the card game Napoleon.
- (cooking) To cover (something) with a sauce (usually in passive)
- to be off one's guard
"The regulators were caught napping by the financial collapse."
- (obsolete) to grab; to nab
- to have a nap; to sleep for a short period of time, especially during the day
- to form or raise a soft or fuzzy surface on (fabric or leather)