- (rare) Inclined to sleep; sleepy.
- (of a horse) Nervous, excitable.
- (US, slang) Of hair: tightly curled or twisted; frizzy (occasionally specifically in reference to Blacks' textured hair).
- (of a drink) Foamy; having a large head.
- Having a nap (of cloth etc.); downy; shaggy.
- (Britain, Ireland, Australia, South Africa) An absorbent garment worn by a baby who does not yet have voluntary control of his or her bladder and bowels or by someone who is incontinent; a diaper.
- A shallow, flat-bottomed earthenware or glass bowl with sloping sides.
- (obsolete) A kind of strong ale; nappy ale.
- (transitive) To put a nappy on.
"The mother nappied the baby."