- (philosophy) Any system of philosophy which refers the phenomena of nature as a blind force or forces acting necessarily or according to fixed laws, excluding origination or direction by a will.
- naturism, nudism, social nudity.
- The doctrine that denies a supernatural agency in the miracles and revelations recorded in the Bible, and in spiritual influences.
- (art) A movement in theatre, film, and literature that seeks to replicate a believable everyday reality, as opposed to such movements as Romanticism or Surrealism, in which subjects may receive highly symbolic, idealistic, or even supernatural treatment.
- A state of nature; conformity to nature.
- (philosophy) A doctrine which denies a strong separation between scientific and philosophic methodologies and/or topics