- (obsolete) Natural affection or reverence.
- The summary of everything that has to do with biological, chemical and physical states and events in the physical universe.
- (obsolete) Physical constitution or existence; the vital powers; the natural life.
- The innate characteristics of a thing. What something will tend by its own constitution, to be or do. Distinct from what might be expected or intended.
- Kind, sort; character; quality.
- (uncountable) The natural world; consisting of all things unaffected by or predating human technology, production and design. e.g. the ecosystem, the natural environment, virgin ground, unmodified species, laws of nature.
- Conformity to that which is natural, as distinguished from that which is artificial, or forced, or remote from actual experience.
- (obsolete) To endow with natural qualities.