- (firearms) The small part of a gun between the chase and the swell of the muzzle.
- The part of body connecting the head and the trunk found in humans and some animals.
- The tapered part of a bottle toward the opening.
- A long narrow tract of land projecting from the main body, or a narrow tract connecting two larger tracts.
- (architecture) The gorgerin of a capital.
- The part of a shirt, dress etc., which fits a person's neck.
- (music) The extension of any stringed instrument on which a fingerboard is mounted
- The constriction between the root and crown of a tooth.
- The corresponding part in some other anatomical contexts.
- (botany) The slender tubelike extension atop an archegonium, through which the sperm swim to reach the egg.
- (engineering) A reduction in size near the end of an object, formed by a groove around it.
"a neck forming the journal of a shaft"
- To drink rapidly.
- (US) To make love; to snog; to intently kiss or cuddle.
"Alan and Betty were necking in the back of a car when Betty's dad caught them."
- To hang by the neck; strangle; kill, eliminate
- To decrease in diameter.