- Corresponding; complementary.
"When you speak clearly, people understand you. If you don't mumble, the obverse effect is observed."
- Turned or facing toward the observer.
"The obverse side of the gravestone has the inscription."
- (botany) Having the base, or end next to the attachment, narrower than the top.
"an obverse leaf"
- (logic) The double negative of a statement e.g. All men are mortal => No man is immortal
- The heads side of a coin, or the side of a medal or badge that has the principal design.
"The medal had a cross on the obverse and had a name inscribed on the reverse."