- (obsolete) Singular in excellence; unique; sole; matchless; peerless; famous.
- (not comparable) Occasional; infrequent.
"but for the odd exception"
- (not comparable, in combination with a number, not comparable) About, approximately.
"There were thirty-odd people in the room."
- (not comparable) Single; sole; singular; not having a mate.
"Optimistically, he had a corner of a drawer for odd socks."
- Strange, unusual.
"She slept in, which was very odd."
- (not comparable) Casual, irregular, not planned.
"He's only worked odd jobs."
- Singular in looks or character; peculiar; eccentric.
- (not comparable) Left over, remaining when the rest have been grouped.
"I'm the odd one out."
- (not comparable) Not divisible by two; not even.
"The product of odd numbers is also odd."