- Of or pertaining to an office or public trust.
- sanctioned by the pharmacopoeia; appointed to be used in medicine; officinal
"an official drug or preparation"
- Relating to an ecclesiastical judge appointed by a bishop, chapter, archdeacon, etc., with charge of the spiritual jurisdiction.
- Approved by authority; authorized.
- Relating to an office; especially, to a subordinate executive officer or attendant.
- Derived from the proper office or officer, or from the proper authority; made or communicated by virtue of authority
"an official statement or report"
- Discharging an office or function.
- A person responsible for applying the rules of a game or sport in a competition.
"In most soccer games there are three officials: the referee and two linesmen."
- An office holder invested with powers and authorities.
"David Barnes was the official charged with the running of the sports club."