- (basketball, slang) The free-throw lane, construed with the.
"The Nimrods are strong on the outside, but not very good in the paint."
- (computing, attributive) Graphics drawn using an input device, not scanned or generated.
- (in the plural) A set of containers or blocks of paint of different colors/colours, used for painting pictures.
- (poker, slang) A face card (king, queen, or jack).
- A substance that is applied as a liquid or paste, and dries into a solid coating that protects or adds color/colour to an object or surface to which it has been applied.
- (uncountable, paintball, slang) Paintballs.
"I am running low on paint for my marker."
- (transitive) To cover (something) with spots of colour, like paint.
- (transitive, computing) To draw an element in a graphical user interface.
- (transitive, military, slang) To direct a radar beam toward.
- (transitive) To apply in the manner that paint is applied.
- (intransitive) To practise the art of painting pictures.
"I've been painting since I was a young child."
- (intransitive) To color one's face by way of beautifying it.
- (transitive) To apply paint to.
- (transitive) To create (an image) with paints.
"to paint a portrait or a landscape"
- (transitive, figuratively) To depict or portray.
"She sued the author of the biography, claiming it painted her as a duplicitous fraud."