- Of or relating to powers normally possessed by a sovereign but exercised by a lesser noble, or by a nominee of a sovereign.
- Of or relating to a palatine bone.
- Of or relating to the Palatine Hill in Rome.
- Of or relating to a palatine or a palatinate, especially the Rhineland Palatinate.
- Of or relating to the palate
- Of or relating to a palace, particularly for the Eastern and Western Roman emperors.
- The highest dignitary in the former Kingdom of Hungary after the king.
- (anatomy) One of a pair of bones behind the palate.
- A Roman soldier.
- A resident of a palatinate.
- A feudal lord (a count palatine or Pfalzgraf) or a bishop possessing palatine powers.
- A Roman or Byzantine official.